We are pleased to offer several events and incentives for student members of the Veterinary Business Management Association at SAVMA Symposium.
VBMA Speed Networking - Sign up Here!
Saturday, 3/18 from 11:00-12:50PM
Join the VBMA for an exciting event of networking with an opportunity to unwind and grab a drink while you network with peers and professionals of the veterinary industry! This will be set up in a speed networking style to allow for everyone to meet an ample amount of people. While you mingle, feel free to grab some finger food and refill your glasses at the bar! This event will be open to VBMA members first and any extra seats will be raffled off to non-VBMA attendees at the SAVMA Symposium.
The following lectures will count as credit toward the VBMA Business Certificate. Students may earn credit for up to (4) lectures at SAVMA Symposium, and can mix-and-match which categories they would like credit for.
In order to log your attendance, please fill out the links below after attending each lecture.
Category 1: Business Finance
Category 2: Business Operations, Management, Ownership
Category 3: Business Leadership Skills
Category 4: Career and Personal Development
- 9:00-9:50AM - "The Practice of Practice: Life Post-Vet School" by Dr. Jim Lowe, DVM, MS, DABVP
- 10:00-10:50AM - "Veterinarians, Public Health, and Policy: How You Can Get Involved" by Dr. Will Sander, DVM, MPH, DACVPM
- 11:00-11:50AM - "Climbing Mt. Debt: Building Loan Repayment Strategies for Any Veterinary Career Path" - Dr. Tony Bartels, DVM, sponsored by VIN (link coming soon)
- 11:00-11:50AM - "Internships vs. Mentorships: How to Decide" by Dr. Odie Marcovici, DVM
- 1:00-1:50PM - "How to Find THE Mentor, Not A Mentor" by Dr. Andrea Belcher, DVM
- 1:00-2:50PM - "Resume Workshop" by Dr. Odie Marcovici, DVM (Registration required)
- 3:00-3:50PM - "Fun Facts, First Jobs, and the Fine Print" by Dr. Dana Varble, DVM, CAE
Back to Top