VBMAWe are pleased to offer several events and incentives for student members of the Veterinary Business Management Association at SAVMA Symposium.
VBMA Speed Networking - Sign up Here!
Saturday, 3/18 from 11:00-12:50PM
Join the VBMA for an exciting event of networking with an opportunity to unwind and grab a drink while you network with peers and professionals of the veterinary industry! This will be set up in a speed networking style to allow for everyone to meet an ample amount of people. While you mingle, feel free to grab some finger food and refill your glasses at the bar! This event will be open to VBMA members first and any extra seats will be raffled off to non-VBMA attendees at the SAVMA Symposium.
The following lectures will count as credit toward the VBMA Business Certificate. Students may earn credit for up to (4) lectures at SAVMA Symposium, and can mix-and-match which categories they would like credit for.
In order to log your attendance, please fill out the links below after attending each lecture.
Category 1: Business Finance
- 12:00-12:50PM - "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find the Profits" by Dr. Michael Miller, DVM
- 11:00-11:50PM - "Utilizing Telehealth in Your Veterinary Practice" by Dr. Samantha Vitale, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Neurology)
- 1:00-1:50PM - "10 Things New Vets Should Know About Practice Marketing" by Dr. Caitlin DeWilde, DVM
- 9:00-9:50AM - "Practice Ownership: Trials and Triumphs" by Dr. Tannetjé Crocker, DVM
- 11:00-11:50AM - "Engaging with the Media - Tools to Be Successful" by Dr. Will Sander, DVM, MPH, DACVPM
- 1:00-1:50PM - "Veterinary Ethics for the 21st Century: How Ethical Frameworks Shape Teaching, Learning, and Practice" by Dr. Jane Desmond, MFA, PhD
- 2:00-2:50PM - "Error Prevention - How to Play Your Part" by Dr. Lauren Forsythe, PharmD, DICVP, FSVHP
- 9:00-10:50AM - "Communication Tools for Challenging Situations" by Dr. Laura Garrett, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
- 1:00-1:50PM - "Navigating Communication with Non-Traditional Pet Owners" by Dr. Dana Varble, DVM, CAE
- 2:00-2:50PM - "Effectively Communicating with Spanish-Speaking Clients" by Dr. Juanmahel Davila, PhD
- 3:00-3:50PM - "How to Best Utilize Technicians" by Dr. Katie Harbach, DVM
- 10:00-10:50AM - "Rudeness on the Rise" by Dr. Marci Kirk, DVM
- 11:00-11:50AM - "Grief and Loss in a Service Position" by Dr. Caroline Tonozzi, DVM, DACVECC
- 2:00-2:50PM - "Ethical Dilemmas in ECC and Case Review" by Dr. Caroline Tonozzi, DVM, DACVECC
- 10:00-10:50AM - "Four Simple Things that will Derail Your Career - And How to Care for Them" by Dr. Raymond J. Ramirez, DVM
- 11:00-11:50AM - "Student Debt Free After $466,330 in 6 Years!" by Dr. Raymond J. Ramirez, DVM
- 11:00-11:50AM - "Mentorship: What it is and Where to Find it?" by Dr. Samuel Kerby, DVM (link coming soon)
- 3:00-3:50PM - "Navigating Career Transitions" by Dr. Tannetjé Crocker, DVM
- 9:00-9:50AM - "The Practice of Practice: Life Post-Vet School" by Dr. Jim Lowe, DVM, MS, DABVP
- 10:00-10:50AM - "Veterinarians, Public Health, and Policy: How You Can Get Involved" by Dr. Will Sander, DVM, MPH, DACVPM
- 11:00-11:50AM - "Climbing Mt. Debt: Building Loan Repayment Strategies for Any Veterinary Career Path" - Dr. Tony Bartels, DVM, sponsored by VIN (link coming soon)
- 11:00-11:50AM - "Internships vs. Mentorships: How to Decide" by Dr. Odie Marcovici, DVM
- 1:00-1:50PM - "How to Find THE Mentor, Not A Mentor" by Dr. Andrea Belcher, DVM
- 1:00-2:50PM - "Resume Workshop" by Dr. Odie Marcovici, DVM (Registration required)
- 3:00-3:50PM - "Fun Facts, First Jobs, and the Fine Print" by Dr. Dana Varble, DVM, CAE
- 9:00-10:50AM - "Let's Get Social: Promoting Yourself and Your Work on Social Media" by Dr. Sarah Wright, DVM
- 9:00-10:00AM - "10 Things I Wish I'd Known in my Early Vet Career" by Dr. Marci Kirk, DVM
- 2:00-2:50PM - "Discover the Magic in Veterinary Medicine" by Dr. Michael Miller, DVM
- 2:00-2:50PM - "Marking Professional Connections: Tips for the Introverted and the Inexperienced (and those who want to Improve!)" by Mrs. Amanda Fark, MSA, MBA